Category Archives: Mental Magic
Attitude and Affirmations
Today I am going to talk about a very simple topic. The topic is both of your attitude and of doing positive affirmations. When you combine these two items together magic happens with little to no effort. By changing your mind and your thought process you change the world around you and what comes your way.
So what do I mean by attitude? Your attitude is the way you look at things. If for example you are reading a book that has a lot of exercises for psychic development and you think they are a waste of time you wont get anything out of them and they will not be effective and the techniques and skill meant to be learned in that exercise will not be learned or experienced. Your attitude will influence how much you get out of your spiritual development and your spiritual practices.
If you have an attitude of the world sucks and everything terrible is going to happen to you that is exactly what you will get. When you believe and feel negative towards the world that is what you will experience. Your attitude is what will attract energetic forces to you for your benefit or your troubles. If all you feel around you is negative than all you will experience is negativity.
Now I know that life gives us troubles and difficulties. During those times it can be hard not to be negative and feel like the world is crumbling down around you. I’ve been there and I feel that too. However there are things I do to change my thoughts and try to bring positive energy into my life. One of these skills is positive affirmations.
Affirmations are practical thoughts that when repeated can get imprinted on your thoughts in the subconscious and can make those feelings become a reality. Some one having issues with self love and feelings of self worth might repeat a statements like “I am loved. I have love around me. Love surrounds me all the time”. By repeating those words and phrases several times over they become thought patterns. The repetition becomes habit and it starts to transform our reality and our attitudes.
our thoughts become our reality. Our attitudes influence our thoughts. By working on our attitudes and by using positive affirmations we can make major changes in our lives. If you don’t believe this, give it a shot. I challenge those of you who don’t believe in the power of positive affirmations to give it a shot.
How are affirmations magic? The most effective forms of magic are those we do on our self. One theory in magic teaches that the best way to make a change in your life it to make the change within or to work magic on the self and the perceptions of reality. Basically we work magic on ourselves to cause changes in our reality.
This is where affirmations come in. By repeating the positive affirmations over and over again they gain energy and power and belief. By wording that you already have those items you are manifesting those properties in the moment. This is magic. Plain and simple. Its effective and one of the most basic magical practices I can introduce you to.
For those of you who want to give affirmations a try and who would like to try this simple form of magic. Then I have an exercise for you. If you are skeptical about the ideas then you should try this exercise as well. This is an exercise I have done both in a college introductory psychology course and in training as a witch. So here it is.
- Write down and consider five different items you are looking for in life. For example you can write down love, succsess, friendship, prosperity, and appreciation. These could be five goals that you are looking at working on. They could be things you need to improve on. Just have five goals in mind.
- Take each goal and write in at least five different ways that you have the goal. For love for example you might write I am loved. I have love. Love surrounds me. I love. People love me. You then do the same for each other goal in a similar fashion. Note you write these in the current stance. By saying I have love and I am loved it is manifesting in the known here and now while if you say I will be loved or they will love me it will manifest maybe at some unknown time in the future. If you focus on not having something like not having debt you will manifest debt because you are focusing on the negative rather than the positive so in stead of saying not having debt or nor debt focus on prosperity or having enough to cover all your needs.
- Keep the affirmations by your bedside, probably on your nightstand. Put them basically somewhere you will see them to recite them every day.
- In the morning shortly after waking or in the shower recite each individual affirmation for each goal five times. Do this for each goal. The more often you say them aloud the more you will believe it. The sound of you saying it confirms your mental belief in it. The two work together to manifest these five goals. See yourself with each affirmation firmly. Believe and know that you have them.
- In the mid morning repeat the affirmations aloud and mentally as before.
- In the afternoon around lunchtime or your midday meal repeat them again as you did before.
- Do the same with your afternoon snack or break after work. Repeat each affirmation for each goal five time.
- Before bed once more perform the affirmation exercise for each goal. This will program it into your dreams and also into the universe.
- Perform this exercise daily for two weeks and take notice of how you feel. You may not believe the affirmations at first but give it time and it will work.
- Continue for another two weeks and notice any changes in your state of mind, life, and emotional states. This will show any progress in manifesting these goals.
- After a month you can either continue with the same goals or you can try new ones. The process of reflection and practice starts again though.(originally posted in my other blog: http://seekersight.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/pagan-blog-project-e-energy/)
Simple Daily Spell
One thing that many starting Pagans, witches, and magicians seek to do is find a way to integrates their spells and rituals into their daily life and really make it a part of who they are. When I started out in my studies and practice of witchcraft this was one thing that I too struggled with.
Here is a simple spell and ritual that you can use every morning to refresh yourself and prepare for a new day.
Shampoo & Conditioner
When you get into the shower turn the water on to as hot as you can stand.
Get in the shower and let the water rinse you off. A the water rinses your body before you soap state:
“Water water wash away
Water water cleanse today”.
Take your shampoo and soap and wash your body once. Repeat the chant over and over again. As you watch the soap go down the drain visulize all emotional baggage that causes you pain washing down the drain as well.
Soap yourself up and repeat the chant and ritual once more. This time see any and all blocks in your way going down the drain.
You may shorten the chant to “wash a way cleanse today” as you get into the washing.
Use this each more to prepare for each day,